CHARACTERS

GEORGE - A complex and emotional Jack Russell Terrier (otherwise known as 'The Sickbag' by Simon*) adopted from Battersea Dogs home by:-

PHILIPPA - (or 'Pips' to George), late 30's, single, lives in Islington, works as a P.A. for:-

SIMON* - Director of the company, late 30's. Otherwise known as 'The Tosser' by George.

FREDDIE - West Highland Terrier, George's best friend and owned by:-

TERRY - who lives nearby

RUTHIE FIELDS - Cairn Terrier who is walked in the neighbouring gardens by her owner:-

ELLIOT - widower, late 70's, American


Following on from last week's episode...


Monday

Hundred and Forty Five


'OK George, I want to meditate now so can you leave your tinkly ball alone otherwise I'm going to take it off you'.
I'm in the middle of playing actually Pips. You should have told me you wanted to meditate five minutes ago before I started because now I'm in mid-flow and it's very difficult to stop. So no.
'George what did I just say to you?'
What did I just to you Pips? You don't understand how ball games work but for your information there is a beginning, middle, and end and right now I am in the middle and my tinkly ball is just driving me CRAZY and/
'OK George that's it. I can't meditate with you careering around the flat after your ball. I warned you'.
NO NO NO NO NO!/
'You can have it back later but right now I need to meditate'.
But Pips/
'Go and sit in your bookcase quietly or something. I just need fifteen minutes'.


Pips? Pips? Pips? What about learning French? I may be able to help you as I used to go to French classes with Katie in Cheam so.... PIPS? PIPS?
'Ssssh George. I'm concentrating'.
Or Pips? You could learn Spanish. And we could perhaps go back to Barcelona and find Conchita and talk Espagnol together HOLA MI BONITA!
'SSSSHHH!'
All right Pips keep your hair on. You were saying you wanted to do a course or something so I'm just throwing out a few suggestions for you to think about while you're meditating. This City Lit brochure is terrific. You should have told me about it/
'George what's that rustling? I don't want to open my eyes. Just stop it whatever you're doing'.
As I was saying, you should have told me about the City Lit before. I could have been doing a course myself. I am sure they would be thrilled to have me. Hey Pips? PIPS? How about a photography course? I could be your muse.
'George I'm going to count to three and I want you to put whatever it is down. You're putting me off. One!..'
Or PIPS? PIPS! I'VE FOUND JUST THE THING FOR YOU! 'BUDDHISM FOR BEGINNERS!'. THEY MEDITATE AND THINGS LIKE THAT/
'Right George, that's it. You're going outside'.
But Pips I'm just looking at some courses for you and NO! NO PIPS DON'T PICK ME UP! PUT ME DOWN!
'All I want is fifteen minutes peace'.
Well excuse me but I thought the whole point of meditation was to bring you peace, not that you have to have peace in order to meditate otherwise what's the poin/
'There you go'.
And there's no need to throw me dow/
'You're staying out here until I've finished'.
And I thought it was supposed to make you calmer and less stressed too. Well I've got news for you Pips. It's not work/

No comments:

Post a Comment