CHARACTERS

GEORGE - A complex and emotional Jack Russell Terrier (otherwise known as 'The Sickbag' by Simon*) adopted from Battersea Dogs home by:-

PHILIPPA - (or 'Pips' to George), late 30's, single, lives in Islington, works as a P.A. for:-

SIMON* - Director of the company, late 30's. Otherwise known as 'The Tosser' by George.

FREDDIE - West Highland Terrier, George's best friend and owned by:-

TERRY - who lives nearby

RUTHIE FIELDS - Cairn Terrier who is walked in the neighbouring gardens by her owner:-

ELLIOT - widower, late 70's, American


Following on from last week's episode...


Thursday

Hundred and Seven


Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars/
'George?'
Let me see what spring is like on jupiter and mars..
'Come here. I have something to say to you'.
You can say it to me from over there. I am springcleaning my bookcase if you don't mind.. Fill my heart with song, and let me sing/
'George come here! Why can't you just do what you're told for once?'
Because I have told you I am cleaning out my bookcase which I wouldn't need to do/
'You make me so cross sometimes'.
if you didn't dump all your self-help books in it with no thought for my sleeping arrangements.
'A dog bit a woman on the number 38 bus the other day'.
That will be because she picked him up and put him where he didn't want to be Pips.
'All she did was look at it and it jumped up and bit her!'
In that case it will be because she gave him a funny look.
'Honestly. What is the world coming to when a dog attacks someone for looking at it?'
Well it depends what sort of look she gave him Pips, as I was saying.
'It made me worry about your behaviour George'.
I don't bite Pips.
'And the time you bit that kind man who helped you onto the bus'.
Well it depends how you define the word 'bite' Pips, actually, and secondly he wasn't helping me because he was putting me somewhere I didn't want to be which is being unhelpful, if you think about it.
'Now they're thinking of bringing in third party insurance for dog owners in case their dogs bite and they're sued'.
Fill my heart with song/
'And I can't afford to start paying third party insurance for you so you'd better start behaving George or there'll be trouble. What are you doing?'
I don't want 'On Becoming a Person' in my bed Pips.
'George no. Put it back'.
Or 'The Art of Letting Go'...
'George leave my books alone'.
And 'Seven Habits of Highly Effective People' is one I feel you can chuck as it's not been very effective.
'George no! Don't take all my books out of the shelf'.
Or 'The Art of Effortless Living'/
'George that's enough! I said no! And my 'no' has got to start meaning 'no'!'
So has mine Pips.
'I want you to put all those books back right now. Honestly, why can't you be normal and sleep in a basket like every other dog?'
The phone's ringing. The phone's ringing!
'Who is that now?'
How should I know?
'Hello?..... Terry hi, how are you?......... No! When did you.....?.... Shit'.
What's happened Pips?
'OK I'm coming round. I'll be right over. See you in a minute. Bye... Bye'.
What Pips?
'Oh my God George. Terry has found out Will has been having an affair. He's chucked him out of the flat'.
Freddie! We've got to save Freddie Pips! He'll end up in the spaghetti bolognese! Freddie I'm coming. I'm coming Freddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment