CHARACTERS

GEORGE - A complex and emotional Jack Russell Terrier (otherwise known as 'The Sickbag' by Simon*) adopted from Battersea Dogs home by:-

PHILIPPA - (or 'Pips' to George), late 30's, single, lives in Islington, works as a P.A. for:-

SIMON* - Director of the company, late 30's. Otherwise known as 'The Tosser' by George.

FREDDIE - West Highland Terrier, George's best friend and owned by:-

TERRY - who lives nearby

RUTHIE FIELDS - Cairn Terrier who is walked in the neighbouring gardens by her owner:-

ELLIOT - widower, late 70's, American


Following on from last week's episode...


Tuesday

Hundred and Six


We're going to Paa-ris, WE'RE GOING TO PAA-RIS!
'Sssh George, other people are trying to concentrate. Now sit here while I book our flights/'
Pips? PIPS?
'and we'll just have to hope that British Airways don't bloody go on strike that weekend'.
Can we walk along the Champs-Elysees at night and watch the twinkling lights?
'No George, get your paws off the keyboard'.
Pips? PIPS? Can we take a boat trip on the Seine?
'OK, here we are. British Airways....
Freddie says it's terrific.
'Now I thought we would go on Friday 23rd April..'
THE 23RD APRIL? But that's my birthday!
'Sssh George. I need to pay attention. No sit down properly'.
But it's my birthday! I'M GOING TO PARIS ON MY BIRTHDAY!
'And back on Monday.... 26th. OK. Let's see what flights they've got'.
Pips? Can you buy me a new travelling box because as you know, and as I told you before you bought it, mine is too small.
'Yes look! There's a flight at 8.00pm on the 23rd...'
And I would very much like to be able to stretch out while travelling actually.
'and we could come back at either 6.20pm on the Monday or 8.15pm'.
And I will need to take my bowl and my bone/
'George no, don't bite the chair'.
and, of course, my ball without any air in it.
'Let's book the 8.15pm flight....'
Pips? PIPS! Perhaps you could buy me a new collar for the occasion because although I said I could make do that was when I thought it would be necessary for us to do so. But there's no point in doing it really when there isn't.
'No take your paw off the mouse George. Stay on the chair'.
Perhaps we could play ball in one of the parks so the Parisians can see how quickly I can run and fetch?
'OK so let's go out on the 23rd at 8.00pm and back on the 26th at 8.15pm....
Pips! PIPS! Perhaps I will meet a lovely french girl?
'Right. So credit card number....'
Freddie met a lovely girl in the queue outside the Louvre when he was there with Terry and Will. She had just been coiffed. He still thinks of her.
'Expiry date....'
He says that french girls are very lovely/
'George you're slobbering all over the keyboard'.
when they're not being rude.
'Sit down properly'.
And I will be able to practice my french. Katie was doing a french course while I was living with her and Rupert in Cheam so you may be surprised by my niveau.
'OK I think that's about it. Are we ready to confirm the booking George?
Oui oui! Mais oui oui OUI OUI OUI OUI OUI OUI OUI!
'George stop it! Calm down and stop biting the seat. Right. Let's confirm'.
WE'RE GOING TO PAA-RIS!
'George if you don't shut up and stop wrecking the chair I'm going to spin you round in it. OK that's it. We're booked. Let's just print up the confirmation...'
WE'RE GOIN TO PAA-RIS, WE'RE GOING TO PAA-/
'OK that's it George. Voila!'
What.../?
'There you go'.
H-e-l-p! I'm spinning...
'Serves you right'.
I'm spinning around Pips. I'm spinning around.... Hey Pips, I'm spinning around, move out of my way, I know you're feeling/ ...whoaah!!


'Careful of the lamppost George'.
Which one Pips?
'Oops. No come round this side. No this way...'
Which way?
'Feeling a bit dizzy are we?'
I can't walk straight.
'What a spectacle you made of yourself, flying off the chair like that'.
I was inspired Pips! I felt suddenly in touch with my inner Kylie who, as you know, is also fond of spinning around and I couldn't help it. Where are we going on my birthday? I've forgotten.
'George I'm carrying you, you're all over the place'.

No comments:

Post a Comment