CHARACTERS

GEORGE - A complex and emotional Jack Russell Terrier (otherwise known as 'The Sickbag' by Simon*) adopted from Battersea Dogs home by:-

PHILIPPA - (or 'Pips' to George), late 30's, single, lives in Islington, works as a P.A. for:-

SIMON* - Director of the company, late 30's. Otherwise known as 'The Tosser' by George.

FREDDIE - West Highland Terrier, George's best friend and owned by:-

TERRY - who lives nearby

RUTHIE FIELDS - Cairn Terrier who is walked in the neighbouring gardens by her owner:-

ELLIOT - widower, late 70's, American


Following on from last week's episode...


Wednesday

Eighty Six

Pips? I don’t feel like going in to work today so – whoops, you just dropped a bit of toast but don’t worry I’ll get it………- so I am going to stay at home if you don’t mind.
‘Remind me to get a new battery for my alarm clock at lunchtime George’.
The thing is that since my resignation as stationery manager, which I had no choice about in the circumstances, I have not been enjoying my days at the office/
‘Now where’s your lead?’
which is understandable because the knowledge and management skills I have been building up over the past year are not being used anymore/
‘Oh God and it looks like it’s going to rain. Have you seen the umbrella?’
and the days have become meaningless to me without my being able to pursue my passion.
‘Ah! Got it!’
In fact I have been asking myself many questions this week as to how I can find a new role for myself within an organisation that is unappreciative of what I have to offer.
‘OK let’s go George’.
Because what is the point of working hard at something when nobody notices. And what good is a passion if you cannot exercise it? I have been wondering why I, George, am here on this earth and also wishing I had a lovely girl/
‘George come on’.
to take care of me and to play with. And also to share my love of stationery. Someone who will appreciate me even though I am no longer stationery manager. These are just a few of my thoughts.
‘Quickly! We’re going to be late’.
So I am going to stay here today and curl up under your duvet with my bone as I find it a great comfort at times like these.


‘George get out of the bed… …………….. Here we go. Please George don’t be difficult……………. I know it’s boring for you to come to work with me every day but that’s just the way it is. If I had a partner, you could stay at home with him, sometimes, perhaps, if he worked from home and didn’t mind having you, but I haven’t so there’s no way around it. And you know I’m trying to do something about that but it’s not my fault if they cancel, don’t turn up, or talk at me all evening because they’re egomaniacs. And then I go into work and have to listen to Simon bitching and moaning about Lindsay just because she wants to know what time he’ll be home so she can have a meal ready on the table for him and it drives me bloody mad. So you’re not the only one who doesn’t like going to work………. George?.......... I know you’re listening to me under there…. Come on, we don’t have the time to play hide and seek right now and you know you’re not allowed under my duvet, it’s really unhygienic. ………… George come out now! If you’ve got fleas I don’t want them in my bed and I also don’t like being ignored ………………. BOO! Ha! Got you!’
LEAVE ME IN BED I WANT TO STAY IN BED AND I AM NOT PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK PIPS I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IF YOU DON’T MIND!
‘Don’t snap at me George’.
And for your information I have only five fleas. Three live under my collar, one in my ear and one on my stomach which/… no wait. That one has just left me.

No comments:

Post a Comment