CHARACTERS

GEORGE - A complex and emotional Jack Russell Terrier (otherwise known as 'The Sickbag' by Simon*) adopted from Battersea Dogs home by:-

PHILIPPA - (or 'Pips' to George), late 30's, single, lives in Islington, works as a P.A. for:-

SIMON* - Director of the company, late 30's. Otherwise known as 'The Tosser' by George.

FREDDIE - West Highland Terrier, George's best friend and owned by:-

TERRY - who lives nearby

RUTHIE FIELDS - Cairn Terrier who is walked in the neighbouring gardens by her owner:-

ELLIOT - widower, late 70's, American


Following on from last week's episode...


Wednesday

Eighty Seven

….although it does still wobble a bit Pips I have to say. I could feel it. I really could. Your phone is ringing. Your phone is ringing Pips!
‘Who’s calling now?..... It’s Abbie…. Hi Abbie, how are you?....... We’re just walking into the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern……. No I can’t because I’ve got George so we’re just going to the shop to get a present for Terry - it’s his birthday on Saturday and he’s having a party and George and I are invited - but we saw her spider outside….’
We saw Louise’s giant spider Abbie. I think it’s magnificent, I do!
‘So have you booked it?....’
Pips look! Look Pips!
‘Oh wait, I’ve just seen that other installation…’
The floor has opened up!
‘I don’t know what it’s called. The one with the gap…. that chasm…. wow, it’s amazing. But anyway so what time did you book it for?’
It’s called Shibboleth Pips, if you read.
‘But can Laura make that time?’
And it says here……
‘I thought she said she had yoga until eight o’clock’.
It encourages us to confront uncomfortable truths/
‘Seven thirty? Are you sure?’.
about our history and ourselves”.
‘OK, maybe I got it wrong then’.
Well that’s terrific.
‘That’s what I thought she said’.
Look Pips! It gets bigg/…whoops!.. HELP! PIPS HELP!
‘Oh my God! Abbie hang on, George has fallen into the bloody thing’.
PIPS HELP ME! I’M STUCK! I’M STUCK!
‘Coming George! Hold on Abbie, he’s hanging…. George stop scrabbling or you’ll make it worse’.
QUICK PIPS GET ME OUT!
‘I’m here, I’m here. Let’s lift you out…………… There we go……..What were you doing?’
I was just looking, Pips, and showing an interest as I believe I am supposed to do.
‘I think your fat stomach stopped you from falling right in there. Are you all right. Is your tummy OK?’
No Pips, it hurts actually.
‘Miss?’
‘Oh no. I think we’d better go. I don’t think you’re supposed to be in here George’.
‘Excuse me? Miss?’
‘Don’t look at him George. Let’s just/’
‘My God I saw that. Is your little dog all right?’
‘Yes he’s fine. He’ll be fine’.
NO I AM NOT FINE PIPS! I THINK I MAY HAVE BROKEN SEVERAL RIBS.
‘Sssh sssh’.
‘I saw him lose his footing. He just slipped and got caught in there’.
‘Miss? Dogs aren’t allowed in here’.
‘I was just going to the shop, that’s all’.
‘Pets aren’t allowed in the building. This installation isn’t safe for animals’.
YOU’RE TELLING ME SUNSHINE! IT’S A HEALTH AND SAFETY HAZARD. I COULD HAVE FALLEN RIGHT DOWN INSIDE AND BEEN SWALLOWED UP BY THE FLOOR!
‘We’re just going. I’m sorry. I thought it would be OK just to go to the shop’.
‘Poor little thing. Kerry? Did you see that? He was hanging there…’
‘Miss?’
‘Not again….’
‘Is this your mobile?’
‘Oh! Yes. Thanks. I must have dropped it’.
'You’re lucky it didn’t fall down there too’.
‘Yes. We’re just leaving. Sorry’.
‘Vince? Is everything OK?’
‘Yes she’s leaving’.
‘Amazing isn’t it? Since when were animals allowed in a gallery? That’s one thing you learn in this place. There’s always some stupid idiot with a dog……’

No comments:

Post a Comment