CHARACTERS

GEORGE - A complex and emotional Jack Russell Terrier (otherwise known as 'The Sickbag' by Simon*) adopted from Battersea Dogs home by:-

PHILIPPA - (or 'Pips' to George), late 30's, single, lives in Islington, works as a P.A. for:-

SIMON* - Director of the company, late 30's. Otherwise known as 'The Tosser' by George.

FREDDIE - West Highland Terrier, George's best friend and owned by:-

TERRY - who lives nearby

RUTHIE FIELDS - Cairn Terrier who is walked in the neighbouring gardens by her owner:-

ELLIOT - widower, late 70's, American


Following on from last week's episode...


Tuesday

Hundred and Forty One


'George? What's that rustling? What are you up to?'
I've decided I can't wait until the morning to open my present Pips so/
'I hope you're not opening the presents'.
here's my present to you. Happy Christmas.
'What...? OK well I suppose there's no harm in opening just one. Let me switch the light on.... George!'
What?
'It's four o'clock in the morning!'
It's never too early to open presents Pips.
'Well I'm just going to open this one then, no more. Mmm. I wonder what it is'.
You know what it is because you bought it for me to give you.
'Oh look! It's a book!'
I know.
'On meditation. Thank you George'.
You're welcome.
'I'm seriously intending to get into meditation this year'.
I know. And as I told you I think it's overrated but if you want to do nothing for hours on end that is up to you.
'OK George so let me get your pres/ oh! You've found it'.
Well it says 'To George with lots of love from Philippa' on it so it wasn't difficult.
'Do you want me to open it for/ I see. You want to open it yourself. Well that's fair enough. I put it in a little box so/'
A ball with a bell in it! You got me a ball with a bell in it Pips! It was on my wish list! It was on my wish list!
'I thought you would like the tinkle George. Listen'.
Listen to that Pips! I do like it, I really do. It's terrific! Can you throw it for me?
'No we're not going to play with it at four o'clock in the morning. I don't want Margaret or anyone else from the other flats knocking at our door and telling us off for waking them up'.
But I can't wait. The tinkle will make it a thrilling experience, it really will.
'Oh George I wish you wouldn't look at me with that doleful expression. All right, just once. But be quiet'.
Thank you Pips. Oh listen! Listen! Can you hear the tinkle Pips? IT'S TERRIFIC!
'Sssh George. What did I just say to you?'
Look I can catch it and shake it and it's still tinkling!
'Oh God. I hope I haven't made a huge mistake. You're not to play with it while I'm trying to meditate OK?'
Hey Pips! You can chant and I can tinkle and we can dress in orange and wander up and down Oxford Street singing Hare Krishna, oh Ha-re Ha-re/
'Right George. That's enough now. The bloody bell is already beginning to irritate me. It's time to go back to sleep. See you in the morning when we can start Christmas all over again. Happy Christmas George'.
Hare Christmas Pips, Ha-re Ha-re...

No comments:

Post a Comment