CHARACTERS

GEORGE - A complex and emotional Jack Russell Terrier (otherwise known as 'The Sickbag' by Simon*) adopted from Battersea Dogs home by:-

PHILIPPA - (or 'Pips' to George), late 30's, single, lives in Islington, works as a P.A. for:-

SIMON* - Director of the company, late 30's. Otherwise known as 'The Tosser' by George.

FREDDIE - West Highland Terrier, George's best friend and owned by:-

TERRY - who lives nearby

RUTHIE FIELDS - Cairn Terrier who is walked in the neighbouring gardens by her owner:-

ELLIOT - widower, late 70's, American


Following on from last week's episode...


Tuesday

Hundred and Thirteen


'And then to cap it off George was put on the carousel again when we arrived back at Heathrow so of course he was sick because he's very sensitive to motion. Honestly, why don't they think before they put a dog on the carousel to go round and round until it's owner arrives to take him off it? If I have to clear up his sick again I'm going to be sick myself. I think if I even look at his travelling box again Terry I'm going to be sick. But the hotel was great - thanks for the recommendation - and Paris was looking beautiful when George wasn't jumping on every bitch in sight'.


And then there was Trudy who was staying in the hotel with her owner Bridget who was a colour-therapist. She was in Paris for a Colour Conference.
'What's a Colour Conference?'
I don't know Freddie but Trudy was wearing an orange coat because Bridget says it's her colour and she looked terrific in it, she really did. Then there was Colette who I met in the Jardins du Luxembourg. She only had three legs but I was very taken with her, I really was.
'How did she lose her leg?'
She was hit by a bus in the rue de Rivoli. I told her that bus drivers can't drive in London either and that she mustn't take it personally but her owner, Madame Bernier, told Pips that Colette was simply looking the wrong way - et voila! She is having a prothese fitted next week.
'Really? Is that poss/'
She is Freddie. She told me. And then there was Mathilde who asked me to 'suivez' her which lifted my heart as you can imagine but Pips ruined the moment as usual. And then she apologised for me which she shouldn't do because I have nothing to apologise for which was when Mathilde's owner told her not to worry because Mathilde runs off with 'n'importe qui' which I thought was unnecessary.
'George? Come on we're going. Terry and Freddie have to go into town'.
What are you doing in town Freddie?
'We're buying a new kettle. Will took the other one with him when he left'.
Never mind Freddie, I have a plan. I think I could live in Paris, I really do. So why don't you come with me and I could introduce you to the lovely Colette and Mathilde and Bijou and...

No comments:

Post a Comment